I hope you all had a wonderful Spring Break! Let’s take a moment and reflect back on our week off. I want to know what you all have to share about your vacation, even if you spent it in Athens, GA.
Remember, you digital storytelling project is due at the beginning of class on Wednesday. You can see directions for how to make a link to your Google Site here. Before we start working with Smart Boards, are there any questions or comments about the digital storytelling project?
Today, we will begin learning how to create engaging Smart lessons. You should all have the software loaded on your computer. Let’s go ahead and open up the software and spend a few minutes playing around. You are also welcome to come up to the Smart Board and play around. Don’t worry if you have no idea what you’re doing – play is a great way to figure out what you may need help with in the future.
Smart Resources 2 (This is my favorite place to search for existing files)
Please refer back to these as often as necessary throughout the next week or so.
Smart Notebook Examples
Before we learn all the technical aspects of using and creating Smart files, let’s look at some examples:
Example 1: Smart Board Basics
Example 1: Drawing Using a Grid System
Example 2: How to Read Maps
Example 3: Morning Calendar 2010
Example 4: Whack-a-Mole Game
Creating a Smart Lesson
We will be working with the Smart software for the rest of this week and on into next week. You will have the option to create a Smart Lesson or Think Like a Teacher Lesson (TLAT #2) for your Creativity and Innovation lesson. The choice is yours! However, I would like to know what your thoughts are at this moment. Complete this form and let me know.
1. Be ready to show your digital story in class on Wednesday and make sure to introduce your story on your creativity and innovation page.
2. Watch the following Smart Video tutorials by Friday:
- Welcome Center/Customizing Floating Tool Bar
- Ink Layer (so you can write on any open page, including websites). Also demonstrates how to go from handwritten text to type font.
- Managing Pages (Creating custom themes and grouping pages)
- The Properties Tab (Changing colors, animating objects, page recording)
- The Lesson Activity Toolkit (interactive games, pull tabs, etc)
- New Tools in Version 10 (toolbar, document camera, magic pen, tables, shapes pen)
- Many other tutorials (optional)